Status of Residence "Engineer"

Activities to engage in services, which require technology and/or knowledge pertinent to physical science, engineering or other natural science fields, based on a contract with a public or private organization in Japan


  • The applicant must have graduated from or have completed a course at a college or acquired equivalent education majoring in a subject pertaining to the skills and/or knowledge necessary for performing the services concerned, or the applicant must have at least 10 years' experience including the period of time spent majoring in the subject pertaining to the skills and/or knowledge at a college, college of technology, upper secondary school, the latter course of a secondary educational school (chutoukyouikugakkou) or during a specialized course of study at an advanced vocational school.
  • The applicant must receive no less reward than a Japanese national would receive for comparable work.

Be Exempted from Immigration Bureaus!

In order to apply for certificate of eligibility or change the status of residence, you must appear at a regional immigration bureau. We collect required documents, apply at a regional immigration bureau, receive the documents and send them to you. You no longer concern about your status of residence.