Status of Residence "Skilled Labor"

Activities to engage in services, which require industrial techniques or skills belonging to special fields based on a contract with a public or private organization in Japan.


Service of Preparing Cuisine or Producing Food

A person who is to engage in the service of preparing cuisine or producing food that requires skills which were devised overseas and are foreign to Japan, and who falls under any of the following categories.

  • A person with at least 10 years of experience in such skills.
  • A person qualified under the Agreement between Japan and the Kingdom of Thailand for an Economic Partnership is applied.

The applicant must receive no less reward than a Japanese national would receive for comparable work.

Be Exempted from Immigration Bureaus!

In order to apply for certificate of eligibility or change the status of residence, you must appear at a regional immigration bureau. We collect required documents, apply at a regional immigration bureau, receive the documents and send them to you. You no longer concern about your status of residence.