Status of Residence "Intra Company Transferre"

Activities on the part of a personnel who is transferred to a business office in Japan for a limited period of time from a business office established in a foreign country by a public or private organization which has a head office, branch office or other business office in Japan and who engages at this business office in the activities listed in "Engineer" and "Specialist in Humanities/International Services".


  • The applicant must have been employed at the main office, a branch office or other office outside of Japan for at least 1 year immediately prior to the transfer to Japan while engaging in services which fall under the categories of "Engineer" or "Specialist in Humanities/International Services" listed in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
  • The applicant must receive no less reward than a Japanese national would receive for comparable work.

Be Exempted from Immigration Bureaus!

In order to apply for certificate of eligibility or change the status of residence, you must appear at a regional immigration bureau. We collect required documents, apply at a regional immigration bureau, receive the documents and send them to you. You no longer concern about your status of residence.